First United Methodist Church in Taylorsville, NC has a staff opening for a Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries. This staff person works in partnership with the pastor, other staff and laity of the congregation to oversee our youth and children’s ministry, including faith formation, relationship building and missional engagement. First UMC is a 350 member church striving to live out Christ’s mission to “make disciples.” We are blessed to have a growing ministry with over 15 active youth and many children. Located in a small town near Hickory, NC, we are thriving as we offer the good news and serve our community.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A lively and joyful commitment to the Christian faith. The ability to model faithfully the core values of our congregation.
- A passionate desire to relate to youth, children, and young people and help them form meaningful, lasting faith.
- A willingness to practice incarnational ministry, meeting youth and young people where they are and connecting broadly in the community
- Ability to equip and empower our congregation, especially lay volunteers, to be in ministry with youth.
- An innovative, entrepreneurial spirit, rooted in Church tradition and scripture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Maturity, with knowledge and practical experience of maintaining healthy boundaries.
To request a job description or submit a resume with cover letter and professional references to Rev. Josh Sherfey at email@example.com. This is a half time, salaried position. Salary is competitive and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.